Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The people absolutely adore the new Pope

I need to start this letter off by saying, the Italian gellato is waaaaaayyy better than the Vegas gellato;). With that said, on to the letter!

Happy Easter everyone. I hope that everyone is doing well and had a great time remembering what the true meaning of Easter is! I had a good Easter. I read a lot about Christ and the lessons were pretty good in church.
A lot of information in this letter, so I will just start with where I left you all last week. Come to think of it, there wasn't too much else. That man was just extremely rude and wouldn't let anyone talk because he was fighting againt everything everyone says. The part I didn't mention was that we had a woman turn to him and say, " If you don't want to listen to what she has to say, then you can leave!" After that, he didn't say much;). Shoot ya! I would have probably said the same thing if I could understand what he was saying or even say it in Italian to begin with;)!
Sticking with the church thing, My Sunday was good. I read a lot about Christ and it made me happy for what/who He is for me! Ya. There are usually around twelve people in there, but in the past couple we have been having close to twenty. I think it was because last week was Easter and people become active on Easter here;). From what I can tell, the members are pretty strong. We don't see them very often which isn't too bad, but I still don't know much about them which kind of stinks. There aren't any kids at all, no young woman or young men, a few priesthood holders including us, and not much else. It is a pretty huge culture shock going from the largest ward (or it was at one time!) in Vegas to twelve people that meet in an apartment, but it's so fun just the same:)!

I don't know exactly where I am in Reggio, but I do know that I am about a football field away from the water and you picture is not our apartment, but I think is right around the corner from us or right down the street from us, but ya. It's pretty close;). You are so funny mom!
 
Anziano Davids and I are good. He and I are talking to each other more which is a good thing!
The language is coming and I can feel it. I understand a lot of what people are saying until they say it directly to me, then I have to think about it for a bit and then........................................ I have to respond!!!!!!!!;) It's not that bad. It just takes me a little longer to think of how to translate it into Italian ya know? It's fun trying to translate everything that I hear people say! Although I don't know much of what people say regarding being the "new king of Zion."
 
I loved that picture of JC. (I sent Dallin a pic of Jayce sleeping with his basketballs, which he does every night) I laughed so hard! That kid makes me so happy!

Ya. Let's not talk about school right now;). I still have quite a way to go until I get there and I don't even want to think about it yet. But when the time comes for me to go home, we will talk;).
 
Well, the work here is going. It's pretty hard since so many people are devout Catholics and absolutely adore the new Pope. They are always talking about how he is such a good person although I don't know that much about him. I heard he is a pretty humble guy. We get a lot of "mi non interesa" and "Sono Catolico" while we are tracting. We are just trying to help you have and live a happier life people! We ARE teaching two Nigerians though! One of them is a member (_________) and the other isn't (_________). _________ is ready to be baptized, but they aren't married yet. Reuben is waiting on his Permesso di Sorggiorno (Permission to be married in Italy) papers are given the ok. All we can do is keep praying for them and hopefully it will happen soon. They come every week to church and read out of the Book of Mormon a bunch, so we will see:).
 
Nothing much else is really up. We are continuing in the work of the Lord and are trying to speak to as many people as we can every day. I am going to be sending pictures in a bit! I love you all, and I hope life is going well!
 
Love,

Dallin

No comments:

Post a Comment