Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I know what I am doing is true and right and directed and blessed by God himself

Hello ALL,
 
Well, this past week was pretty...................... normal of a week for a LDS missionary in Italia. We did a whole ton of contacting...didn't get too much response, but I can't tell you how much my outlook has changed on the mission the past couple of weeks!
 
This mission is hard, as you know. I am receiving a lot of rejection and boy is it not fun getting told to go to "live with Satan" (no thank you) or that "I am absolutely wrong and I will not live with God again," ...But you know what I have to say about that?............ I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have an unbreakable testimony of the truth of this gospel and I know what I know to be truth. NOBODY can tell me I am wrong. I have asked sincerely to my Heavenly Father to give me my own testimony of what I am doing out here, and those prayers have been answered.  Our religion is TRUTH and it makes sense and it provides answers that you can not receive anywhere else! I love the people of Italy, they are good good people, but most of the people who consider themselves religious don't even know where their religious authority comes from! I have found an answer for myself that this church is true, I was born and raised in the church, surrounded by good people with strong testimonies, but I did not truly know that it was true until I put my foot forward and too that leap of faith (full on Indiana Jones style...not that he went on a mission, but he was a good leap-er...)! I am so happy and grateful to be here and be told that I am wrong so much! My testimony has grown so much because of it ! I am so happy to have met so many of the people of this amazing city/country and I am grateful for the opportunity to serve them as much as I can! I am so glad that I have been called by a living Prophet of God to preach Christ's gospel in one of the hardest places in the world! There is no way that I want to be anywhere else! I am here for a purpose. I get to "INVITE others to come unto Christ....:" They have the beautiful gift of agency to choose to accept or reject what I'm teaching! I have learned things while being here that will always be a part of me which I am going to put into practice during my life. There is no way I would have been able to learn them anywhere other than here! I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I know what I am doing is true and right and directed and blessed by God himself.
So, that is pretty much how my last week has gone. I have further gained a testimony of this work. I have been put in situations where I have grown to love the people and I want to do as much as I can to make this place better than when I got here! I am here for a purpose. I may not have found out exactly what that is yet, but I know that it is here and I am going to find it. It will hit me soon and I cannot wait until it does!
 
To answer your questions mom:
 
1) Our main mode of trans is walking. We walk EVERYWHERE and that is a huge blessing because believe it or not, I have been eating way more than I did at home...but because I am walking and all that I am keeping at a constant 93 kg:). (mom note...that is 205 pounds. When he left he was 186:)  )
 
2) Transfers are in another 3 weeks, but we get the call in 2 and a half weeks
 
3) I think I will be staying one more transfer here which I wouldn't mind at all, but after that one, I probably would want to go somewhere else with a few more people;)! Not that I don't love 13 member branches;)! I want to stay here for a bit because I need to find someone to be a bit of a friend for ______  ___ other than the missionaries! I NEED to do that! He needs support.  _________ is such a good friend. All we do it laugh and smile together:)! So awesome!
 
Onward noble steed!
 
 
Well, there really wan't too much that happened this week other than the fact that we went on a major hike today and got some sweet pics of all of Reggio! I will send them after:)! I love you mom. I love you all!!!!!!!!!!
 
View out to the sea from the hills behind the city
 
 
Alla prossima (until next time)!!!!

Anziano Layton

1 comment: