Friday, September 13, 2013

I love the gift of language!

I am sorry mom. No pics today either. I forgot the plug-in to the computer again! I promise I will send loads next week:). Ok. I will take a paragraph to answer your questions:): I do have a new comp and he is cool! I he really smart and I know that I am going to learn a lot from him! He is 6 months older than me in the mission and boy does he know his stuff! I am really trying to learn as much as I can because I am 99.99% sure this will be last transfer here in Reggio and I want to learn as much as I can! from everyone! My comp's name is Anziano Stevens and he is from Highland UT. He went to BYU for 2 years and wants to major Physics and specialize in Optical Physics! Like I said before, he is really smart! He is quite talented. He knows the language really well and he is writing his own book about how to speak Italian so that if he ever forgets anything, he can relearn it through his book! That is smart in my opinion! I hope that I can know the language that well one day! I study so much and I can understand most of what people say, it is just a matter of putting my sentences into the correct way! One day I will get there:). I am doing wonderful! I think I have finally gotten a grip on the mission life! I will only have this opportunity for a short time and we will never get a day back in life! Make the most of the time now so that you can relax later and then do it again the next day;)! I have been thinking a lot about you guys lately though! I miss you loads, but I have been out n the mission for 7 months now and I can't wait to see your smiling faces in the airport:)! For my birthday, I don't want anything package wise. I don't even need money:). I am fine in that category. If I need any, I will let you know. I don't buy anything with personal money very much anyway so........ ya:). Roby went to the city of Catenzaro which is only about an hour north from Reggio. I called a few days ago to see how he was and he said that it was WAY different than Reggio, but he likes it. He was a bit sad to go, but he said he was happy at the same time! So, nothing really major happened this week other than me changing comps and I pretty much explained him above. He is a cool kid! He makes laugh with the things that he does so that is always good. He is a really good cook and we have been eating some really good things lately. I am going to nab all of these recipes from him one day so that I can make them for you guys when I get home:). I can't wait to have you guys have a real Italian meal! It will be fun:). We are trying our hardest to talk to families, but nothing is happening. I am really sad that there are so many people walking around un po ciechi in questa paese! Io voglio aiutarli con tutti i loro problemi e portarli a la verità! Non so che cosa io deva fare ma provo comunque! (Mi amo il dono della lingua!!!!)(BING TRANSLATION ... "a little blind in this country! I want to help them with all their issues and bring them to the truth! I don't know what I need to do but I try anyway!(I love the gift of language!!)" ) I hope all of you are doing ok! I love you all! I is still pretty hot here! I aùstill sweat A LOT! Oh well! The life of a missionary! Love you! Anziano Layton!

No comments:

Post a Comment