Monday, March 24, 2014

Conference in Roma

Hi Mom,

This week was really cool. I can't really respond to the things that you wrote about that went on at home this time because, as always, I'm short on time and  I want to give a little bit of information about what went on this week here. So, here I go:):
 
This week was really great. On Wednesday we went up to Roma for a conference that was held by one of the memebers of the 70 named Patrick Kearon. He is from England and of course has a SWEET accent which made the conference all that much better! I loved his messages. He talked a lot about how we need to work hard every single day to be better than the person than we were yesterday. That instruction made me want to push myself to be a better missionary. While Elder Kearon was talking about that, I couldn't help but think about something that Coach Allen always used to tell us. He would say, "Don't forget that there is always somebody who is working harder than you." That didn't resonate well with me then, and it still doesn't:). I don't want to make it to the end of my life, and see that 777,458,897,876,786,514,540 people worked harder than me:)  I don't like that number! I need to work harder, smarter, and with more of the Spirit so that I can be in that #1 spot...even if it is just for a second! I only have 10 months left. I want to work REALLY hard for this last little bit in the mission so when I'm on that plane back home, I know that I "left everything on the court":)!

Another quote that I really liked from Elder Kearon  was, "Become the message that you share." We can all use this in our own lives. This SHOULD be the motto for all of our lives. If we want to accomplish BIG THINGS, we need to live,and breathe our beliefs! Service, Love, Repentance, Faith, Obedience!  WE MUST become the message that we share! If we really are followers of the Savior, we take advantage every time we can of the Atonment that our older brother Gesù gave to us!!! We must change our lives in order to fit his will.

Also, while we were in Roma, I saw all of the missionaries from Taranto! I didn't realize how much I missed them all! Needless to say, we sat together for the entire thing! I miss them SO much! So many memories were made! It's only been a month, but when we saw each other, we all just burst into smiles! It was a great reunion!

That day I caught some type of horrible bug and didn't feelò very good for the rest of the day. I had such a fever and practically swam in my sweat that night, but when I woke up, I felt much better so I am glad that it didn't last for too long!

The rest of the week was pretty good also. I did a scambio with another anziano here in the zone that came into the mission with me at the same time. We had a good time togther and we also had another lesson with __________. He is working toward baptism and has made some truly miraculous changes in his life. We have quite a ways to go with him until we all will feel like he is ready, but he is such a cool guy, I have no doubt we will get there.  We are focusing a lot with him on  the Restoration so that he really understands.  No matter what, he is in a much better place now than when we first met him. He is really trying to make positive changes in his life;  find different friends to hang out with, has stopped drinking, etc... This kid is really cool! 

Well, that was my week! I don't have too much else to say other than the fact that I LOVE THIS CHURCH! We have the FULLNESS of the Gospel of Gesù!. He guides this church through a living prophet named good ole Tommy Monson (aren't we so lucky?)! Love that guy and I love you all!

Anziano Layton

No comments:

Post a Comment