Monday, August 4, 2014

Staying in Agrigento

Hey guys!!!

Hi mom! I'm so glad that you got to stop on the way to the cabin to do a bit of family history work......at Lagoon:) (see, I am still funny;)!!!)

Well, I am really glad that you guys have been having a good week because mine was pretty good also. We did a lot of work this week and it paid off in the end. We now have 3 baptismal dates and we are SUPER excited about them! One is with _____________, another with ____________and another with his (African) brother _____________. These guys are pretty darn sweet and committed even though they don't know the language perfectly and I've been translating! I know that they feel a difference and are very accepting of what we have to teach. They pray with us and we are feeling really good about it! I am so excited for this next transfer because it could be one of the most rewarding of the mission!

Speaking of the next transfer, I have a bit of  :/ news....... Anziano Calvagna and I need to split up. I am staying and he is going. I am going to get a guy that I know named Anziano Bethke. From what I remember about him, he seems pretty cool and I hope that we can get along like Calvagna and I did! It stinks to do missionary work when you don't gel with a person! I think we will be pretty good though! He seemed like a cool guy.
 
I do have to say that I am pretty sad that Calvagna and I need to split up. We worked really well together and I am super happy that I have actually found a friend that will be a friend outside of the mission for me also! This transfer with him has been absolutely wonderful, probably one of the best that I have had, and I am really excited to see where the mission takes us even after this transfer!

So, in other news, the work is going pretty well!!!! We had 7 investigators come to church on Sunday! That is a personal record and I have NEVER heard of that number being mentioned in another part of the mission! I am SUPER happy with that number and I am just hoping that we can get all of those people to the waters of baptism and into the church here because the branch would be able to do SO MANY more things!!!! I loved seeing all of the people there! I did a lot of translating but it was really fun and I am just hoping that we can help this branch become BIGGER! We have a few members that have been here for around 15 years and they told me that the number has always been around 30 people in church every week! I plan on changing that number though;)!

So, I found a way to send pics! Cool huh:)!? Be ready for some pretty sweet ones;)! I love you guys!At the end of this week, I will have less than 4 months! SUPER WEIRD!!!

Dallin

No comments:

Post a Comment