Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"Would it be ok if my baptism was your first?"

Hi There Everyone Again,

Ok mom. When you read this, don't start screaming and flinging your arms around in the air because people might think you are weird...or weirder than they already do:)... but _________ wanted me to perform his baptism:). He said, "Anziano Layton, You haven't baptized anyone yet right?" "No," I said. "Would it be ok if my baptism was your first?" Shoot ya it is fine with me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that I get the opportunity to baptize this incredible kid! I am so proud of _______ and the kid that he is and the decision that he is making! I know when I was 11, I wasn't thinking about religion all that much at all! I was thinking about sports, what "cooties" really were, and what I was going to have for dinner that night.... Ok the last one hasn't changed all that much, but I am very proud of this 11, soon to be 12 year old, getting baptized on his brithday this Sunday!!!!!! After our last lesson with him, he asked Anziano Davids and me, "So, if I wanted to serve a mission, could I?!?" Remember, this kid isn't even baptized yet and he is 12 years old! Such a great example how this gospel blesses and changes lives!


Where the baptism is happening:)
Ok Alexa, I am so proud of you and your decision to do this mission! You are going to be such a great missionary! There will be times that it is going to be hard and you are going to miss things, but as you are out, always remember that you are a servant of the Lord and he is very proud of you! If you pray for strength, the Lord WILL bless you with it and I can testify of that because I have done it while being out here:)! Again, I am so proud of you and I know that the Lord is so happy with you also:)!

Pops, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I didn't state it in your letter, but there you go;). Sorry about that!

Mom, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a BLAST at JC's basketball game! The life of a sports mom;). How many years has it been since you DIDN'T spend your birthday on a bleacher of some kind?  You are so great mom. I love you.

Ok. ABout the Skype thing. I will be calling you guys through Skype between 9-12 on Sunday morning your time! So, be close to the I-pad! I don't think that I am going to give you a call before hand to tell you, so just make sure the I-Pad is charged and ready to go perchè io ricordo mi informazione per Skype, e sono pronto di parlare con voi! Mi Italiano è sta migliorando ogni giorno:) I am going to be skyping from ________'s house through her tablet most likely after ________'s baptism. Sunday is about to be a day full of fun and excitement for Anziano Davids, me, and all the Fillipini that we know:)! .....Mother's Day back home, we get to call, ________'s baptism, ________'s birthday, church, and some other stuff also:)! I cannot wait to talk toy ou guys! I love you all so much!

Well, the work is always going here.  I am so happy to be here. Tell Jayce that I will continue to write him seperate e-mails, but I might need to combine your's and Pop's if that is ok:)?

I love you all!!!!
Dallin

No comments:

Post a Comment