Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I know this is what I'm supposed to be doing

Hey There:),

Two things really quick are you changing what I am writing to put it in the blog or soemthing because Grandma wrote something about going to a castle in Sicily and I haven't done that. I went to a castle in Scilla but not Sicily:). So ya. I just figured that soemthing go mixed up in translation or something like that:)? (Mom note, yes, lost in translation...)
Ok, well you said you wanted it more personal, so here it goes for this paragraph and then I will be done. I think about home a lot! I think about how much I am missing a lot! I think about all the things that I could be doing at home a lot! This mission is hard and I am not used to talking to people about gospel related items nearly every second of every day. I am not used to not going to the beach when I can. It is hard to follow all of the mission rules very strictly but I know I need to because it says to in my P-Blessing and as a missionary, we are expected to, to be protected and to be successful. I am having a fun time, but at that same time, I realize that I have a full year and a half more to do of this! There is so much that I could be doing other than this. I am missing family, friends, old life style, driving, usual music, and many other things. I am missing a lot..................................................BUT...

With all these things stated above, I know that this is what I am supposed to be doing. I am supposed to struggle because this is where I am going to learn the most. I am in a hard area and we can't do much with memebers because many of them live outside of Reggio and don't have vehicles. I am so happy that I do get this though because I am learning things that I never would have otherwise. For example, the most beautiful language in the world amongst many other things;). I am here to invite other to come unto Christ. That's all I need to do. These people get to use the beautiful gift of free agency to accept or reject what we have to say and that is  a beautiful thing! I am so happy to be here and I am so blessed to have gone to the one place that I wanted to go on my mission!!!! I don't know how many of you knew that other than Bishop Rose and President Tew? I am such a blessed person and boy oh boy have I seen it since being here! SO many people need what I have always just taken for granted.
 
This past week wasn't too eventful. We are teaching _______ and she is making progress. She is very spiritual and the says that she wants to try other religions before she tries ours because we have a lot of rules, ha-ha. The biggest part she struggles with is the Word of Wisdom. We had a lesson with her on this and I bore the strongest testimony that I think I have ever done out here. She would thrive as a member of this church! She is so happy all the time and she told us that she feels a huge difference when she meets with us!!!
42 LESSONS AND 4 BAPTISMS (talking about Michael, his cousin)!? Are you kidding me! For this mission, the average lessons per week is around 10 and us here in Reggio barely get that every week and we certainly don't get 4 baptisms a week...or an entire mission!!!!! Holy wow! My cousin is converting the entire country! He will be famous one day! They just might "Saint" him...if we did that sort of thing:)... I just hope that I can plant as many seeds possible while I am here! I know that if I try to do that, I am going to work as hard as I can all the time and that is one thing that I try and pride myself on!
 
That is awesome that you met Coach Miloy! I liked him a lot. I hope that I can live up to his expectations of me!!!! (Miloy told me that Dallin was the hardest working athlete he's ever coached...proud mama:)  )

Well, I need to go! All is well here:)! I love you all!

Love,

Dallin

No comments:

Post a Comment